Kolta settlement’s ruined medieval church was demolished in 1633 and replaced by a new one. The new church is mentioned as early as in 1644. It may have been the same size as the present one, but it was located a few meters away. Following the Reformation, the church was used by the Lutherans. It was returned to the ownership of the Catholic Church in 1720. By the 19th century, this church also deteriorated and was demolished. The present church was built in 1864, financed by Count János Cziráky and was designed by Miklós Ybl.