Built Cultural Heritage


Beltinci - Castle

lay architecture

Ravenska cesta 8, 9231 Beltinci

the first half of the 16th century

The Beltinci Castle stands in the middle of the extensive park. The village was mentioned as early as in 1322, as “Belethfalua”. Beltinci belonged to the Jura family as early as in the 13th century, but not for long, since after 1265, it became the property of the Haholdi landlords from Lendava, who ruled here until 1644. The castle was built in the Middle Ages. The evidence for the existence of the castle is provided by the Bánffy family’s diary from 1532. The floor plan of the castle is L-shaped, the corners of both one-story wings are decorated with round towers. Later on the Beltinci Castle changed owners several times. Before the war, it was owned by the Zichy family.

Information on digitization

Name of site
Beltinci
Other settlement names
Belatinc
Main building material
brick
Identification number of unit
6790
Location
Ravenska cesta 8, 9231 Beltinci
Persons or organizations tied to history of unit of built cultural tradition
Zavod za turizem in kulturo Beltinci
Protection status of unit
Spomenik lokalnega pomena
Jurisdiction
Zavod za varstvo kulturne dediščine – enota Maribor
Web page
https://www.ztk-beltinci.si/
File name
PMMS_005_C_0002
Resolution
300 dpi
Restrictions on use
Brez omejitev
Date of documentation
2019-11-15
Person documenting
Tadeja Andrejek

Photo gallery


In case of using any of the materials, citation of the source (www.documenta-pannonica.eu ) and of institution or indvidual by whom the material is located is mandatory.
English
Skip to content