Archive Material

Students from grades 2 and 3 of Križevci Primary School in the 1926/27 school year


unknown author



Education began in 1784, the first instructor being Štefan Szijárto. In 1889 the Lutheran congregation built a new school building. In 1872, the district had 305 school-age children. During the WWI, education was discontinued, restarting only in December 1920. In 1922 it was a four-grade school and its district became smaller. In 1929, the religious schools were closed and the school became a four-grade public school. During WWII, the language was Hungarian, with one hour daily for mother tongue. In 1952 the school became an eight-grade school. In the 1972/73 school year, the school became a branch of the Gornji Petrovci Primary School and then, in 1976 the school has been closed.

Information on digitization

Name of site
Other settlement names
1 kos
Place of origin/discovery
Name of institution or personage holding object; identification number of object
Pokrajinski arhiv Maribor Arhivski fond: SI_PAM/1799 Zbirka gradiva mednarodnega arhivskega tabora, SI_PAM/1799/030 29. mednarodni arhivski raziskovalni tabor: Križevci, TE 51
File name
400 x 400 dpi
Restrictions on use
Brez omejitev
Date of documentation
Person documenting
Ksenija Rojht, Gordana Šövegeš Lipovšek

Photo gallery

In case of using any of the materials, citation of the source ( ) and of institution or indvidual by whom the material is located is mandatory.
Skip to content