Archive Material

Renovation of the Lutheran church in Puconci, designed by László Takáts


László Takáts



The first Lutheran congregation was established in Puconci in 1783, after the Patent of toleration of 1781. The church in Puconci was already consecrated in 1784. In 1855/56 the church was renovated and a new altar, gallery, pulpit and organ were added. In 1908, László Takáts, an architect from the Prekmurje Region, who also led the construction of the Budapest Parliament, prepared plans for the renovation of the church. On behalf of the Lutheran religious community of Puconci, he applied for a building permit together with the then local pastor Gyula Porkoláb. The works began in May 1909. The church received new gates, windows, floors and a new organ, and the facade was also renovated.

Information on digitization

Name of site
Other settlement names
1 kos
Place of origin/discovery
Name of institution or personage holding object; identification number of object
Pokrajinski arhiv Maribor /Maribori Területi Levéltár Arhivski fond: SI_PAM/0088/ Okrajno glavarstvo Murska Sobota, TE 173, spis 2577 SI_PAM/0088/012/00025
Written sources
Balažic, E., 2003. Zgodovina puconske cerkvene občine: posvečeno 220-letnici cerkvene občine. Puconci: Evangeličanska cerkvena občina Puconci.

Pisnjak, A., 2015.Takáts László építész munkássága, MA szakdolgozat. Budapest: Pázmány Péter Katolikus Egyetem, Művészettörténet Tanszék.
File name
400 x 400 dpi
Restrictions on use
Brez omejitev
Date of documentation
Person documenting
Ksenija Rojht, Gordana Šövegeš Lipovšek

Photo gallery

In case of using any of the materials, citation of the source ( ) and of institution or indvidual by whom the material is located is mandatory.
Skip to content