Archive Material


Road and house near Hotiza

document

unknown author

1935

paper

Hotiza was first mentioned in 1389. In 1524 the place was mentioned as Hothyza. Until 1644 it belonged to the Bánffy family estates. After the family line ended, it became the property of the Nádasdy family, who, together with other estates, sold the village to the Eszterházy family in 1690. During the war of 1848-1849, it suffered a great damages. In order to prevent the passage of Jelačić's army, on December 13, 1848, the Hungarians sank the ferry of Hotiza.In 1869 it had 458 inhabitants, the population being the largest in 1948, at that time 1052 people lived there. At the end of the 19th century the place’s Hungarian name was Murarév. The photo shows a homestead near Hotiza.

Information on digitization


Name of site
Hotiza
Other settlement names
Murarév, Hotticza
Length
1 kos
Place of origin/discovery
Hotiza
Name of institution or personage holding object; identification number of object
Pokrajinski arhiv Maribor Arhivski fond: SI_PAM/1702 Zbirka albumov fotografij in razglednic, TE 20, ovoj: 2-14, F-4/97 SI_PAM/1702/005/002/001_00032
File name
PAM_049_B_0001
Resolution
1200 x 1200 dpi
Restrictions on use
Brez omejitev
Date of documentation
2018-10-16
Person documenting
Ksenija Rojht, Gordana Šövegeš Lipovšek

Photo gallery


In case of using any of the materials, citation of the source (www.documenta-pannonica.eu ) and of institution or indvidual by whom the material is located is mandatory.
English
Skip to content