Archive Material


Photograph of the church in BogojinaPhotograph of the church in Bogojina

document

unknown author

in the 1930s

paper

In Bogojina, in 1925, the construction of a new church began based on the plans of the architect Jože Plečnik. The original plan was to demolish the 14th-century old church because it proved too small for the congregation. Plečnik designed a new church, which he later modified, thus making the old church part of the new one. Another feature of the new church is the ceiling made of logs and decorated with handmade ceramics. A photograph from the 30s of the 20th century shows the huge church from the west with its distinctive cylindrical bell tower.

Information on digitization


Name of site
Bogojina
Other settlement names
Bagonya
Length
1 fotografija
Place of origin/discovery
Bogojina
Name of institution or personage holding object; identification number of object
Pokrajinski arhiv Maribor / Maribori Területi Levéltár Arhivski fond: SI_PAM/1703/Baš Franjo, Fotografije: Cerkev v Bogojini, TE 17, ovoj 8/4 SI_PAM/1703/008/00004
Web page
Damjan Prelovšek: Cerkev Gospodovega vnebohoda v Bogojini http://www.moravske-toplice.com/pics/contents/BogojinaCerkev-SI-www.pdf
Resolution
600 x 600 dpi
Restrictions on use
Brez omejitev
Date of documentation
2018-11-27
Person documenting
Ksenija Rojht, Gordana Šövegeš Lipovšek

Photo gallery


In case of using any of the materials, citation of the source (www.documenta-pannonica.eu ) and of institution or indvidual by whom the material is located is mandatory.
English
Skip to content