Archive Material


Photograph of the back of the old Gothic church in Sv. Jurij

document

unknown

1925

paper

On April 10, 1925, the nave of the old Gothic church in the village of Sveti Jurij was demolished, but the chancel and the belfry were preserved. The plans for the new church were made by the Austrian architect Hans Pascher. The new St. George's Church was consecrated on September 15, 1929 by the then bishop of Maribor, dr. Andrey Karlin.
The photo shows men with the Reverend in the middle. The children are kneeling in the front row. The group was photographed in front of the old church building. The back of the photo indicates the year of 1925 and the writing: “the back of the old church at Sv. Jurij, in Prekmurje”

Information on digitization


Name of site
Sveti Jurij
Other settlement names
Vízlendva, Sankt Georgen
Length
1 kos
Place of origin/discovery
Sveti Jurij
Name of institution or personage holding object; identification number of object
Pokrajinski arhiv Maribor/ Maribori Területi Levéltár SI_PAM/1524 Gašper Lipovšek, TE 1, SI_PAM/1524/002/00003
Web page
Cerkev: http://sveti-jurij-v-prekmurju.zupnija.info/?id_strani=1006 Hans Pascher: http://www.mariborart.si/osebnost/-/article-display/hans-pascher
File name
PAM_110_B_0001
Resolution
400 x 400 dpi
Restrictions on use
Brez omejitev
Date of documentation
2018-05-28
Person documenting
Ksenija Rojht

Photo gallery


In case of using any of the materials, citation of the source (www.documenta-pannonica.eu ) and of institution or indvidual by whom the material is located is mandatory.
English
Skip to content